In the final countdown to your wedding day?
Worried you've forgotten something? Feeling like the to-do list is creeping up on you? Worried about how it is all going to come together?
Then this post is for you!
1. Make a ‘to pack list’ – and use it!
This tip is especially important if you have collected a lot of decorative items to be used on the day.
Make a list of every single item that you need to take with you. In your minds eye picture yourself at every venue during your wedding; picture what you’re wearing from head to toe; and note every single item individually on your pack list.
Don’t forget to print your pack list and tick every item off as you pack in to your suitcase/car. Even those super organised brides might be surprised about the one or two items you forget until you check your pack list.
2. Decide who is taking everything home after the ceremony and reception – and delegate
It’s easy to put so much focus on to how everything is getting places for set up; you forget that it needs to be packed up as well.
All those flower jars or photo booth props you purchased… Gifts, gift cards and leftover wedding cake… They will need to go home with someone (and you probably don't want it to be you!).
Call on those offers of help. Make a list – and delegate.
3. Decide on group photos now
Your photographer can only help so much when rounding up your immediate family for photos. You will find it more helpful if you a) write a list of the family group photos required and b) give that list to a close friend, bridesmaid or even your Mum to 'own' as their job on the day - to quickly round up everyone (your family and friends will be enjoying themselves so much they'll need a little whipping!).
4. Ditch the unfinished D.I.Y
I know. You had lot's of grand plans. Yet somehow your wedding day is staring you in the face and you haven't even started that piece of paper mache amazingness that was going to blow everyone's mind.
I guarantee the high level of time and energy required right now to get all these done is more likely to lead to increased stress levels as you juggle the rest of your last minute to do’s.
Of course we want you to get everything you had been hoping out of this experience. We want you to be content and happy that your day was everything you had imagined. So if you really want to get these projects done now, we strongly recommend getting some overall help.
Which bring us to our last point...
5. Book an On the Day Coordination service
If your to do list is feeling longer than your arm;
Or just ready to get the party started;
it's not too late to book an On the Day Coordination service.
If you're not familiar here's how it works at We Heart Events. We start working our magic 2 to 4 weeks prior. We help you navigate the final weeks so you can start to let go, relax and soak up the excitement and anticipation.
- You can put down your phone and close your email – we are the one point of contact from here forward.
- We meet at a time most suitable to you – at home after hours appointments are most popular with our clients.
- We double check all your bookings and contracts to ensure nothing has been overlooked
- We organise your pack lists, group photo lists, seating plans, and arrangements for getting things to and from venues
- We use our extensive planning experience to help you get the most out of your day by developing a well thought out timeline
- We work with all your suppliers to ensure everyone is on the same page
- We’re present on your wedding day for up to 10 hours to assist with set up; answer supplier questions; oversee timings; and most importantly ensure you and your guests are well looked after.
And today we have a special offer
At We Heart Events we're planners (and that's not just in our job titles). We like to lock in our calender's early so we can be super organised for the busy wedding season ahead.
So if you're getting married in October, November or December 2015 and are considering our On the Day Coordination service we have a special gift for you:
Found this helpful? Please like and share on Facebook to spread the love and help other couples like you.
Because more joy in the world is a good thing.
Ciao and happy planning,